Today I wanted to talk about how I read blog posts and what I do when I read them and stuff like that but I also wanted to ask some questions at the end of the post in regards to how you read blog posts or articles or whatever. I’m genuinely curious!
So, personally, I rely mostly on people sharing their blog posts on the Blaugust Discord server or The Support Role Discord server – or even on Twitter! I don’t scroll through my WordPress reader all that often when I’m on my PC although I should do it more often. When I’m using my phone, though, I’m scrolling through the WP Reader a lot. It’s fun to catch up with blog posts and when I open links in the Discord App, they are opened in a weird window (some browser? no idea!), so I’d have to log in again and then do the whole 2FA-thing again for my WP Account and then also do this and that. It’s just a hassle. I really gotta get out of there.
Anyway, WP Reader or Discord aside, most of the time, I find a blog post and read through it. There are times when I browse for new blogs to read, particularly reviewers, as I’m interested in what they have to say about movies or shows that I’m interested in. If a reviewer likes shows and movies that I enjoyed, I typically trust their taste and end up reading newer reviews by them on shows and movies I haven’t watched yet. The same goes for games as well. There are times when I find a blog post and it’s just full of typos and other mistakes and I don’t end up finishing the post because it bothers me too much – but thanks to Grammarly and other programs that are relatively accessible that is less of a problem nowadays.
Most of the time, I read blog posts while I’m on the bus or on the train. I tend to put on some music (btw, I found a great playlist right here!) and listen to it while doing so. Anything without lyrics works best in that case as I want to focus on the writing and having lyrics to listen to makes that a bit hard to do for me. Apart from that, I tend to read posts in the mornings as I’m usually writing my own posts in the evening – and during the day I either stream or I have university and my own studies and chores and whatnot. There are often long periods of times where I can’t read anything but then I go on a binge and read through all sorts of posts by folks whose works I adore – like the Blaugust crowd.
Anyhow, as for the questions I have for you:
- Do you have any habits when it comes to reading blog posts?
- How do you read/find blog posts? (i.e. Twitter, Readers, Discord, etc.)
- Do you read blog posts all the way through even if you don’t like them?
- Do you read them at a specific time of day?
- Do you formulate an opinion on a game, subject or whatever before or after you read a post?
- Do you prefer a specific beverage while reading posts? I like to read posts with my coffee but maybe I’m the odd one here.
- Do you read posts out loud?
- Do you read them together with someone else? A friend of mine apparently reads my posts together with their partner, which I found kind of cute.
- Do you sometimes struggle with reading through a post because of the blogger’s writing style or typos or whatever?
I’m curious to see what you have to say about the matter. If you wanna answer these in a separate post, feel free to do so. Comments are also fine or just message me.